ipad 5 release date and specifications

New-iPad-5-and-iPad-mini-2-claims-at-CES

New-iPad-5-and-iPad-mini-2-claims-at-CES

Rumors are hitting the tech mill that Apple may be looking to unveil the iPad 5 in mid-October. If Apple remains true to their release trend, a mid-October date can almost be guaranteed based on previous years. The company has a announced an official event will be taking place in San Francisco on October 22, and many believe this is when we’ll see Apple’s new slate.Updated 17 October 2013 with first launch event confirmation.

Experts claim iPad Mini 2 will be more popular than iPad 5

The iPad Mini 2 will be the most popular Xmas 2013 gadget, not the iPad 5, according to one analyst. Amit Daryanani with RBC Capital Markets said in an investors’ note this week that he expects the iPad mini 2 to outsell the iPad 5 by two to one this Christmas.Daryanani expects the iPad Mini 2 to take around 65% of Apple overall tablet sales, leaving the iPad 5 with a 35% share of the pie.

New-look iPad 5

ipad5

 

Sw-box lists has also compared the iPad 5 dimensions to the iPad 4, and at 169.50mm x 239.20mm VS. 185.70mm x 241.2mm, the iPad 5 is quite a bit trimmer than its predecessor.

iPad 5 features and specifications

According to rumors, the iPad 5 will have a 9.7 inch Retina display, similar to iPad 4. Rear camera is believed to be of higher megapixel with A7 processor and iOS 7 Operating System.

There can also be a GPS receiver feature in the iPad packs. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)  iPad 5 is expected to be thinner and lightweight, but, may have a bigger screen and a sharper display PPI.

 

No related posts.